The Fall Season brings us many joys. Sweet, velvety pumpkins are a fun and versatile addition to our menus. This soup is a delicious variation of pumpkin soup! Serves 6-8
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1.5 litres of Apricot Sun chicken bone broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Apricot Sun Zaatar
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried thyme, marjoram, oregano
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic and celery. Saute over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and the cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the bone broth, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and lower temperature to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is tender, blend until smooth and velvety. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a teaspoon of zaatar condiment and a drizzle of tahini on top. Sahtein! (to your health)