Dip. Spread. Cook.
Zaatar slathered on warm flatbread is a beloved Mediterranean snack enjoyed fresh from neighborhood ovens. Bring this tangy spice mix into your day drizzled on appetizers and veggies, basted on grilled meats, or spread on your favorite sandwich! Zesty sumac, thyme, and sesame are hand-blended with sunny olive oil to create your new favorite condiment. Sahtein! (to your health)
Manaeesh are savory pastries popular in the Levant (Eastern Mediterranean) region. They are the perfect make-ahead snack, appetizer, or even brunch!
- Apricot Sun Zaatar condiment & spread
- Pizza Dough, Pita Bread Dough, or Flatbread
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Spread olive oil lightly onto a baking sheet.
- Place pita bread dough, pizza dough or flatbread on a baking sheet- whichever you have available.
- Using a spoon stir Zaatar condiment well and slather/ spread generously onto the dough or bread. Keep about ¼ inch from the periphery uncovered.
- If using dough bake in 400F oven in the middle rack for 7-8 minutes or until the dough is slightly browned on the bottom and edges. Zaatar spread will remain liquid at this point. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes, the topping will dry and settle into dough.
- If using flatbread, bake at 350F for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve Manaeesh warm or at room temperature topped with diced tomatoes, fresh mint leaves and crumbled feta cheese. Sahtein! (to your health)
The Fall Season brings us many joys. Sweet, velvety pumpkins are a fun and versatile addition to our menus. This soup is a delicious variation of pumpkin soup! Serves 6-8
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1.5 litres of Apricot Sun chicken bone broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Apricot Sun Zaatar
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried thyme, marjoram, oregano
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic and celery. Saute over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and the cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the bone broth, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and lower temperature to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is tender, blend until smooth and velvety. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a teaspoon of zaatar condiment and a drizzle of tahini on top. Sahtein! (to your health)
WHERE TO FIND ZAATAR
ABBY ADAMS BOUTIQUE INDIANAPOLIS, AMELIA’S BREAD FOUNTAIN SQUARE, APNA BAZAAR BLOOMINGTON, BEDRAK CAFE BLOOMINGTON, BLOOMINGFOODS BLOOMINGTON, BOOKS & BREWS CARMEL, BOSPHORUS CAFE INDIANAPOLIS, BROAD RIPPLE BREW PUB BROAD RIPPLE, BROAD RIPPLE FARMERS MARKET, CARMEL FARMERS MARKET, CORK + CRACKER BROAD RIPPLE, FOUR DAY RAY BREWING FISHERS, GEORGETOWN MARKET INDIANAPOLIS, GOOD EARTH BROAD RIPPLE, GOODS FOR COOKS, BLOOMINGTON, GRATITUDE BOUTIQUE FISHERS, INDIANAPOLIS MARKET WAGON ONLINE ORDERING + DELIVERY, MEYERS MARKET GREENCASTLE, MOODY’S BUTCHER SHOP ZIONSVILLE, OLIVE MILL CARMEL, PATEL BROTHERS, CASTLETON, TASTEFUL TIMES FISHERS, THE LOCAL EATERY AND PUB WESTFIELD, WILDWOOD MARKET FOUNTAIN SQUARE,