Manaeesh are savory pastries popular in the Levant (Eastern Mediterranean) region. They are the perfect make-ahead snack, appetizer, or even brunch!
- Apricot Sun Zaatar condiment & spread
- Pizza Dough, Pita Bread Dough, or Flatbread
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Spread olive oil lightly onto a baking sheet.
- Place pita bread dough, pizza dough or flatbread on a baking sheet- whichever you have available.
- Using a spoon stir Zaatar condiment well and slather/ spread generously onto the dough or bread. Keep about ¼ inch from the periphery uncovered.
- If using dough bake in 400F oven in the middle rack for 7-8 minutes or until the dough is slightly browned on the bottom and edges. Zaatar spread will remain liquid at this point. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes, the topping will dry and settle into dough.
- If using flatbread, bake at 350F for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve Manaeesh warm or at room temperature topped with diced tomatoes, fresh mint leaves and crumbled feta cheese. Sahtein! (to your health)