Mana’esh are savory pastries popular in the Levant (Eastern Mediterranean) region. They are the perfect make-ahead snack, appetizer, or even brunch!
- Apricot Sun Zaatar condiment & spread
- Naan or Flatbread, Home-made or Frozen Dough
- Tomatoes, diced
- Mozarella Cheese
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Spread olive oil lightly onto a baking sheet.
- Place Naan or Flatbread, home-made or ready dough- whichever you have available.
- Using a spoon stir Zaatar condiment well and slather/ spread generously onto the dough or bread. Keep about ¼ inch from the periphery uncovered.
- If using dough bake in 420F oven in the middle rack for 6-7 minutes or until the dough is slightly browned on the bottom and edges. Move to top rack for 2-3 minutes. Zaatar spread will remain liquid at this point. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes, the topping will dry and settle into dough.
- If using Naan or Flatbread, bake at 350F for 5-6 minutes- just enough to warm.
- Serve Manaeesh warm or at room temperature topped with diced tomatoes, and any of your favorite cheese e.g. Mozarella. Sahtein! (to your health)
Just had Zaatar Mana’esh at Broad Ripple Farmers Market and it was beyond! Will definitely be back for more in the near future!Lisa Freeman- happy customer 🙂